The American Youth Soccer Organization is an all-volunteer youth sports organization. To serve our youth players, Mohawk AYSO needs the support of many volunteers. Volunteers can be grouped into three main categories:
1) Management-These individuals would be our different board
members who set local policies; field helpers who paint or
set up fields for play; team parents who provide refreshments
or conduct game 50-50 raffles or even make calls to families
for game/practice information.
2) Coaching-These individuals work with our youth as coaches,
assistant coaches at both practices and games.
3) Refereeing- These individuals serve as either center or
sideline officials in game situations.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER...
1. Contact a board member (see our contact page).
2. Discuss your interests with that board member, ask for a job
description and information on time requirements for your
3. A child safety volunteer form will be provided to you.
Fill out the form completely and a child safety screening will
be completed by our national office.
4. Upon your clearance, you will be assigned appropriate duties
by the Regional Board. Information will be provided to you in order to
receive training in either management, coaching or refereeing.
5. All training materials and fees will be paid for by Mohawk AYSO.
SERVING AS A COMMUNITY YOUTH VOLUNTEER IS REWARDING
AS WE TRY TO SHAPE CHILDREN INTO PRODUCTIVE CITIZENS OF THE FUTURE!
NOTE: AYSO has received national recognition for the quality of its volunteer training programs from
THE NATIONAL PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION.